by Pastor Ray Thomann, Hope is Alive Ministries
One of the devil’s most important strategies is to completely destroy the Biblical foundation of our nation. Without a moral compass to guide a people, everything becomes subjective. This deadly and destructive game plan is being waged through a culture war that seeks to redefine lies as truths.
By falsely claiming a desire for equality, civil rights and love for fellow man (who wouldn’t want this), evil has effectively disguised its true intentions. Through the use of political correctness, social justice and the rules of radicals; the minions of darkness have launched a relentless attack on the character, freedom and finances of those who oppose them. They have also used indoctrination practices within the public school system and the institutes of ‘higher education’ to pollute the mind of this generation’s children.
What is taking place in our nation is a spiritual battle that has grave consequences. This is a war for the souls of men.
For many years, I have addressed the American Churches’ role in the state of putrification taking place in our nation. Christians in general, have remained relatively silent over many decades as the progressive culture launched an all out attack on the infallible word of God. With that being said, the point of this blog is not to address the state of the church. Rather, it’s to address a question that is of great concern to those whose eyes are open to the truth. In the past few years, we have witnessed the assault on the Biblical definition of marriage and the redefining of the basic definitions of what it is to be a man or a woman. Popular opinion and worldview seem to be aligning with the fallible wisdom of men. This is our Isaiah 5:20 moment.
What I’ve come to understand is that many Christians are confused and overwhelmed by what is taking place in our country. They seek guidance as to their response to the destruction of the moral foundation.
“If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” – Psalm 11:3
To respond to this concern, we must first remember what Jesus told us. He said there would be a time in which lawlessness will abound and that the love of many would grow cold (Matt. 24:12).
So how are we to move forward in these challenging times; shielding our hearts from growing cold?
• Control our anger. It’s easy for one to grow angry with all we are facing. However, we must remember that anger only leads to coldness.
• Opportunity. Jesus’ is calling us to rise and shine. We have been given an opportunity to share the Good News of Jesus with the lost in fulfillment of His Great Commission.
• Grow our relationship with Jesus. By growing our relationship with Jesus, seeking Him in all things and at all times, our faith is strengthened and our love for our enemies will increase.
• Prayer. Continue in fervent prayer for one another, the nation and those who are lost.
• Demonstrate the love and compassion of Yeshua. It’s hard to love those who seek to destroy us. But that’s exactly what Jesus did. By abiding in His word and focusing upon Him, He will fill us with His love and compassion for our fellow man.
• Maintaining a healthy, holy fear of God. To love our God more than we fear man.